The next day we woke up early again (very tired on 2 hrs of sleep, extremely sore and dragging from too much to drink the night before) for the annual Hose Cart and Bucket Brigade races. We've been going to cheer the Bates on for so many years but this year the fire wives team was a team member short, so I was asked to step in. I was so excited to help out. First up was the bucket brigades. We had to take water from the big trough, pass it along in buckets and put all the water in an elevated barrel. The first one to fill the barrel wins. It sounds simple but there is definitely a technique to it all and passing and lifting full buckets is hard work, after the first minute or so. (Especially when my arms were already killing me from our exercise workout on Friday) Anyway, we won all of our races and ended up taking the 1st place trophy for the Wives Bucket Brigade team.
Go Fire Wives!!!! (I do seriously feel like one of the fire wives. D is like my second "husband", since he is my best friends actual husband and I was actually there the day they met.) Anyway, I practically know everyone at the station and they know me as D's second wife so I'm pretty much one of the girls. And I am so thankful for that, I love the Fire Wives club. :}
Next up were the Hose Cart races. We had to pull this HUGE hose cart down the street, connect the fire hose to the fire hydrant and get water, then shoot down the other teams cone first to win.
Let me tell you, these hose carts are really huge and heavy but we are some tough girls and had it moving in no time.
Pull!!!!!
Getting water
Knocking over their cone!! Yeah!!!!! We won all of our races in this even too and ended up as the dual champ for both Bucket Brigades and Hose Carts. Never done before, but I think that's because I was the good luck charm.
The Hose cart go going so fast that it gave M a huge rope burn. Ouch!!
The Fire Wives team and our first place trophies.
It was so fun to have my kids there cheering me on. They were so proud that their Mom pulled off the win!
They kids even have a fun bucket race and they just have so much fun. Actually I think they have more fun just getting wet.
A passing the buckets
A's team won!!
Afterward, we walked around the square and stopped for a cotton candy treat and then went to the Firemen's picnic.











No comments:
Post a Comment