Friday, August 12, 2011

We love our Grandma and GG

Oh I just love my Grandma. She is 87 years old but is still so spritely and bubbly. We love to be around her and we always do such fun things. She makes the most delicious treats and made us all our favorite things while we were in town. I am so glad we were able to spend so much time with her this summer, although it went by so fast.

Grandma LOVES ice cream and so do we and it has been a tradition since I was a young child to go to B & G ice cream. There is a whole song that we sing on the way to the ice cream place and the rule is... no song.... no ice cream. Here is F at our first of many trips to B & G. Yummy!! She is with my Grandma and one of her very good friends (the lady that actually made up the B & G song)
We also love to go out for bagels together. When we lived in AZ, my Grandma used to come out and spend a week with us and ever since the kids were babies we'd always walk to get bagels. It was our little fun adventure. Grandma and I both drink coffee and when A was a baby he always used to take baby sips from my Grandma's coffee. It's funny because before we went A asked for a sip of my coffee and I said "No" and he said, "GG, always shares her coffee with me!" So they share that special treat. Here we are at our bagel breakfasts

One of my favorite things to do is just to talk to my Grandma. We love to talk about life, kids, cooking etc... We always sit in these two chairs that she calls the "comfy chairs" and we can just talk for the longest time. I took these pictures as a reminder of my special time with my Grandma.
Isn't she just so sweet.

We love you Grandma!! Thank you for all the special treats and the fun time we had in South Dakota (God's country). We loved staying at your house and spending time with you. Hope to see you soon.

1 comment:

Our 3 Monkees said...

GG is so beautiful! I am so glad you guys got to have that time with her. It is so important and you all will cherish it forever. I miss you Grandma, and hope to see you soon. =)