Sunday, December 5, 2010

Friends

We LOVE our friends. I always knew we had good friends but sometimes it takes something major to realize how good your friends are.... and ours are oh soo good. They just totally rock and we love them. I sang this song as a child and it just rings so true for me. "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the others gold." I used to just love that song and it just rings true in our lives. It is so important to have good friends and I have tried to teach the kids the importance of them and how just like every relationship you have to work at them and it's a 2 way street. Some are easier than others but they are all valuable.

When we first made the move I sort of laughed at R as he said to me "Now, be prepared your friends will slowly fade away." and I thought, "Oh, he doesn't know my friends." And they haven't, they rallied around and have guided us all through this transition and when we got to AZ and were able to see each other again, it was like we hadn't missed a beat and picked up right where we left off. That's how you know you have good friends.

I'm so thankful for my friends, our family friends and the kids' friends. They love us and embraced us completely when we were in AZ. We all couldn't wait to spend time together and we never had ENOUGH time but it was all good and we're truly blessed....... Always keep the old, they're like gold. :}
Our neighbors... taking Xmas pictures
We visited A and F's old school and it was so fun to see old friends and teachers. Here A is with one of his best friends.
My Grasshopper buddy. Sorry, D we'll have to have 2 next time.
My best friend. Love ya!!
A and his future wife. lol jk She's my best friends daughter and we just really like her and her parents so I think it would work out quite well. Don't you?? :}
The kiddos with our neighbors. We were all doing Xmas pictures so that's why they had matching outfits.
He's just so cute. This was his "Cheese" for the camera.
J and his best friend. They were like inseparable the whole time. I love their friendship. For 8 year old boys, they have an incredible bond. They are supportive of each other and stick up for each other no matter what. They are the first person by each others' side when the other did something incredible or needed help. J had his first non-family member sleep over at his house while we were there and they had so much fun.
This is F's little buddy. X is so happy and such a doll.

1 comment:

Our 3 Monkees said...

I used to love that song too...your so right so friendships are easier, they come natural and others take some work, I am glad our is so easy even from far away. I love and miss you!