Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is definitely my least favorite holiday.. ( I know, I know pick your jaw up off the floor) not because I'm not thankful because I am and we are and we definitely want to celebrate it, it's just that other than the turkey, there is not ANYTHING else I like. So it is very anticlimactic for me.... all day cooking, preparing, cleaning, gathering etc... for just 2 slices of turkey is so boring for me. However, as I looked around this year as we gathered with R's family everyone else was so excited and happy to be EATING and enjoying their food. So, I've decided from here on out, I will not focus on the food but focus on being Thankful and being together with family. I'll try to make it a holiday I look forward to not because we're eating food but because of many other things. (And that's hard for me because I'm focused on food 90% of the time) Food makes everything better.

I'm lucky to have in-laws that love Thanksgiving and love to make all the different trimmings and fixings. I keep telling R he'll be in a world of hurt the day I have to make Thanksgiving myself. I'll be finding the nearest Boston Market or making a day filled with appetizers and desserts (not the meat and potatoes) because THOSE are my specialties. Anyway, we did have a good day with his family and according to everyone else, the food was good too. :}
The group ready to dig in
Me and my hubby

J with his best buds from the neighborhood. They were all in heaven playing together and took it very seriously!!

We were lucky enough to be invited to join the annual neighborhood Turkey Bowl on the morning of Thanksgiving. (at our old neighborhood) Of course, there was no question for J who spent 2 days prior making all the plans and plays. R and A also joined in on the fun so it was a great time had by all. ..... and J and R's team won. whohooo!!
R the quarterback.
J the runner
Touchdown!!!!!!!
The group of football players
Me and my really good friend. We were out cheering on our boys
J and E, hamming it up
Daddy and daughter
It was just such a beautiful day and so nice to get out and be active before the BIG MEAL. Even the girls played some volleyball while the boys did their thing.

1 comment:

Our 3 Monkees said...

LOVE, LOVE the picture of Randy and Faith, so sweet! Im so glad you had a good day, and the turkey bowl game looks and sounds like it was alot of fun. Your hair looks good, great job Lyndsey. =)