Monday, December 27, 2010

Opening presents

We had a great time opening presents this year. (as that different than any year??) But it really was a great year. We all surprised each other with fun surprising gifts. Our pastor this year talked about how a gift is not something you ask for but something the giver sees you need or would like. We all kept that in mind while we shopped this year. I also did something different with the kids this year. I gave them a $5 limit and had them find things for each other. It really forced them to think about someone else and think about what THEY would like. (A tried to buy cars for everyone :} This year we talked a lot about giving and being appreciative for the gift no matter what. It was awesome because we heard a lot of, "Sister, you're the best!!" "Brother, how did you know I wanted this car!!!" Lots of hugs and kisses to go around..... and it was awesome!!!!
This is a series, and of course it loaded it in the wrong order but I thought it was just classic :}



My new zoom lens for my camera
I got R a new Chelsea (his favorite soccer team) jersey
From R's sister. He's so proud
Opening a glitter purse
Her "teacher" chalkboard
His new racetrack

2 comments:

Our 3 Monkees said...

so fun!!

Anonymous said...

I soooooooooo love there Face's...Misty