Our second day in Austin was packed full as well. We started the day off at the capital. It was on J's "to do" list since he's learned so much about it in school. It was really impressive and we went on a tour so we all got the inside scoop. We all really, really enjoyed it. The one thing about Texas is they are SOO proud of their state.
Drinking fountain used in the 1800's.
Davey Crockett
The awesome Rotunda (See Texas spelled out on the ceiling)
See the Texas in lights?
House of Representatives
Then we headed to Barton Springs Pool. It is a man made pool which stays at 68 degrees year round. It was a gorgeous day to be in the sun and swim. The kids loved it!!
After that we headed over to catch up with a friend that I used to know from Northern Arizona State. We lived across the hall from each other and hung out a lot during the year. We reconnected on Facebook awhile ago and I am so glad we were able connect in Austin. I was able to meet her now husband (she was dating him when we were in college together) and their 5 girls!!! F was in heaven with all of the girls to play with, and the boys didn't mind either. :} It was just the nicest time.
Us and our kids
The kids just loved hanging out!! I hope we can see them again soon when they come to AZ to visit.
Austin loved her. :}
I had heard about a doughnut place that was supposed to be really different and good (and they're only open late) so at 11:30 we headed their to check this place out. They were SO good!! Really strange variety of doughnuts but they are made fresh when you order them and they were HUGE and delicious!!
Of course you can't buy just one because I wanted to check out a few of the flavors. Here are a picture of 3 out of the 5 we bought :}
Peanut butter and jelly, Naughty and Nice and Baby Rattler (chocolate with Oreos on top)
This one was called the Puddin. It had caramel, cream cheese, graham crackers and banana's on it. Oh my goodness... So YUMMY!!!!
I am so glad we took the time to go to Austin before we left Texas. I wish we would have found that gem sooner.













No comments:
Post a Comment