Monday, July 28, 2008

My summer activity

I know I write so much about the kids and what they are all up to so I thought I would share a little of what I keep busy with during the summer.  This was my second summer playing in the City of Glendale Summer Band.  We practice one night a week and then play on Thursday nights at 8 PM.  (I know we're crazy, the temperatures are still over 100 degrees and the spotlights don't make it any cooler either)  Anyway, I really enjoy it and it challenges me musically which is nice.  We play lots of different kinds of music so there is a huge variety.  I know the picture isn't great and you can't even see me but I thought it would give you an idea of where we play and what it looks like.  I have some exciting news for the school year as I was able to join the AZ Winds which is a pretty big thing.  The 1st chair flute in summer band told me about it and then was able to get me in, so I am really excited about that.  He said it is even more challenging than summer band, so it should be interesting.  He also invited me to play on Veterans Day for the vets.  I thought that was a big honor and something that will be a fun to do.   See Mom....  pushing me through flute lessons has paid off.  :}

2 comments:

Our 3 Monkees said...

You are so awesome. Let us know your new schedule for the AZ winds, we would love to come hear you play.

Anonymous said...

Wish I didn't live so far away, I'd love to come watch you Play...Misty