Yesterday (Sunday night) at around midnight it started snowing. I mean BIG flakes and fast. I couldn't believe how fast it covered the ground and how beautiful it looked. Of course, we had sort of heard that snow was possible so the kids were really excited about it. I woke them up from their very slumber sleep (Yeah I know, mean Mom, but hey when you have Arizona kids, they get really excited about this stuff) The news said there was about 3 inches but by the time we woke up in the morning, I would say at least some of it was already melted and the streets were pretty clear. However, because they get snow so rarely around here, they aren't really prepared for it and they cancelled school. I remember how excited I was for snow days, and our kids were the same. I couldn't wait to sleep in but THEY just couldn't wait to get out in the snow!! Here are some pictures I took of our snow day.
Welcome to our family website. Hope you enjoy looking at the pictures and seeing what we are up to. Feel free to stop by and look as often as you'd like and leave comments when you want. For the privacy of our family we will be using abbreviations. Hopefully I can stay up on all of the postings. :} PS. You can click on the picture if you want to enlarge it.
Monday, December 5, 2011
Snow Day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow that looks so pretty, love the snow covered trees. The kids look like they are having a blast. You can tell they are not used to playing in the snow, they are wearing cotton clothes that absorb wet and cold fast, lol.
Post a Comment