So everyone already knows how much we love our kids but this is just one of the most awesome stories. About a month ago, I received a note home from school and it said, "Do you have an Amazing Kid?" "Has your child done something special?" After thinking for a whole 1.5 seconds, I said, "Oh yeah... of course I do.... we've got 3 awesome kids!" :} So I guess there is a program in our town where you could nominate your child, write a note explaining why they are awesome or what they did that was so special, and if they were PICKED, they would get a hand delivered note written by a prominent member of the community (Mayor, President of a company, athlete etc...) So I decided, what the heck. I wrote about how we just moved and what an adjustment it has been for all of us, especially the kids and how I feel they've done so well in making friends and doing the best in the situation. It's been a rough go at things and it hasn't been easy but they've really come through and done their best.... and that is all we ever ask of them. I wrote it, sent it and never thought another thing about it because I know there are a LOT of kids in this town and probably a lot of deserving ones as well.
Fast forward 1 month:
I picked up the kids from school and J comes bounding in the car saying, "Mom, I'm an AMAZING KID!!!" I said, "Yeah, I know that." :} He told me that in the middle of class a guy walks in and says "I heard you have an amazing kid in the class and his name is J. Karg." The whole class stopped.... The vice president of Midland Community College hand wrote J a note and they read it in front of the WHOLE class. He included his business card, stickers, a pencil and other things. J was sooo excited. He told me, " Mom, I didn't show my friends but I had a tear in my eye... I felt so special." Aww, that just melted my heart. I was so proud that he was recognized for the awesome child that he is and he felt how special he really is.
.... And the next day, the same thing happened to F. She also was singled out in her class and asked to stand in the front of the room while the person read the whole note to her. She loved it as well.
We are so proud of our kids and how they have handled the ups and downs of the things they've gone through in their short lifetime. We love them more than life itself and they make our days brighter and our nights sweeter. We love you J and F (and A too) and we're so proud that you were recognized in front of all your teachers and friends for the "AMAZING" kids that you are. :} Oh yeah... Mom's so proud.
It's so coincidental that both kids got notes from the same guy but they were both different in their own way and very special. Click on the picture and hopefully it will enlarge so you can read the notes.
2 comments:
That is so AWESOME, but did you really need a College guy to tell you they are amazing? LOL You do have 2 AMAZING kids and we love and miss them dearly. Clicking on the pictures worked perfectly. =)
That is so neat, keep up the good work J & F, you both REALLY are amazing... I must say you get that from your AWESOME Mother :-) Misty
Post a Comment