Well I just came back from one of the most fun vacations. My parents very conveniently have B-days 3 days apart and now live in the same town, so my sister and I thought it would be so fun to surprise them for their B-days. And that we did..... we surprised and the last 3 months of planning came together perfectly. I have several days of posts and lots of pictures but I'll start with Day 1 and 2 with my Mom.
My Mom because suspicious of a visitor so my Uncle luckily joined in the fun and completely threw her off by telling her HE was coming. So, my sister and I met in Omaha and drove into Sioux Falls and were sitting at the house waiting for her. When she pulled up with my Aunt and saw the Minnesota license plate, it all completely made sense. (my Uncle lives in MN). However, when she came in and saw my sister A (I was behind the camera, of course) This is the reaction we got:

Isn't it just awesome. It's a little dark so you can click on the picture to see it a little more clear but it was the best reaction ever. :}

See the red eyes.... yeah that's because she's crying. We got a lot of that too, it's sort of expected from Mom. She just couldn't believe we were there and pulled it off. She loves her girls and said she needed this pick me up. Glad we could do it Mom. :}


Some more surprised faces. I told her the next 2 days were hers and we could do whatever she wanted. My mom kept saying, "I can't believe you're here!!!!" We celebrated her Birthday with pizza, cake and cards and LOTS of talking and catching up. It was just wonderful to see my Mom so happy.

The Birthday girl!!! Speckled angel food cake and strawberries.. Yum, Yum!!!

Mom with 2 of her girls.

We also got to see my Grandma and Aunt and Uncle. That is always so special to see family and catch up. Love you all, thanks for helping with the grand surprise!!!!

Fun Day!! We didn't really do anything special on Thursday but it was just nice to be together and be with our Mom. We had delicious bagels in the morning, ran errands, had a nice lunch with Mom and topped it off with Grandma's delicious caramel rolls for a snack.

My sister and Mom


Surprising Mom at her work. Man, the weekend was just full of surprises!!

We love you Mom. I know the trip was short and sweet but I'm glad we were able to fill your love tanks back up and put a pep back in your step. You're the best and as daughters it makes us feel so good to know that you're thrilled to just be with us, even if it is just to run errands. To just talk, laugh and smile together made it all so worthwhile. Anytime you want to surprise us in Tx, you're more than welcome. Wait, you've already done that. I'd prefer the heads up so I can at least have the Taco Dip ready. Love you Mom!!!
2 comments:
That is so AWESOME, give's me goose bump's just thinking about it. Nice suprise's are ALWAY'S nice... Misty
I'll bring the sour cream dip. =) What great pictures, her reaction is priceless!! Happy Birthday Susan, I am so glad you had a great time with your girls. Love you all!
Post a Comment