Well after a great day with Dad, we decided to join the rest of his family at the VFW for some dancing and more catching up. Yes, that's right.... I said the rest of his family. 7 of the 9 siblings were there and several of them actually drove in from where they lived and surprised him. He had no idea and couldn't believe they'd all come for his B-day..... Anyway, we went to dinner first where we just laughed our butts off. When more than one of them gets together the stories just start flowing about different memories and things that went on when they were kids. I'm sure when they were kids, it wasn't all so funny but to listen to them tell the stories as adults and especially with all the faces and actions, take my word for it, it's just gut busting laughter. Some of the stories we've never heard before but even the ones we've heard time and time again, still make you laugh so incredibly hard.
Me and some of my cousins.

Some more cousins :}

My aunt and 2 of her daughters

Grandma and my Uncle (who drove in from Spearfish, SD)

My Aunt who drove in from WI with my Grandpa

My Dad and one of his sisters

Grandma and Grandpa

One of the most fun things for me is to watch my grandparents dance. They just know each others every move and they dance so in sync. It's tender and gentle and they both smile so much when they're dancing. I just think it's so sweet.

My Grandpa and I catching a quiet moment to talk.

My Aunts. - thanks you so much for coming in to help with this awesome surprise for Dad. He'll never forget this very memorable B-day.


My Sister and I (the two surprise party planners extraordinaire)

I just love this picture

Laughing.... this is how it goes most of the time when we all get together.

Mom and son

Cousins picture. Imagine what the picture would look like with 21+ more??

There you go Misty, you made it in my blog. :} Thanks for always being a faithful commenter. :}

Probably the best part of the night. I love dancing with my Dad, we just sang and laughed and talked a bit but mostly just enjoyed the moment and took it all in. Love you Dad so much!!

Me and my Dad

Dad and 2 of his girls


Here is the picture of my Dad's family minus 2 siblings. Thanks all for making the trip.

Grandma and her girls.
3 comments:
WOW that is Misty, so cool!! What great pictures.
Whooo hoooo, so nice finally seeing myself on your blog...lol It was so nice seeing you & Amy, I wish we had more time because I could sit an talk for HOUR'S with you. I miss you already & you've only been gone a Week. This was a special Day for me cuz it's been Year's since we acutally got to see each other in person, your an amazing person Sara, don't EVERY forget that...Misty
oh you forget to mention how long it took for us to get the " Cuzin " picture taken, considering NOBODY could figure out your Camera an then when someone did figure it out, my Mother decided she wanted to be in the " Cuzin " Picture... she was sure buzzed up, ha ha... Misty
Post a Comment