Friday, August 6, 2010

Junior Rangers

Of course our family always likes to do things, explore and have fun HOWEVER, I always try to make sure the kids learn a thing or two along the way. I know how important school is but I do believe that sometimes kids actually learn more through experiences. With that being said, I read to the kids about the towns we were in along our road trip and I tried to make sure they picked up at least 1 fact about each place along the way. My kids have also started to collect Junior RAnger patches and badges at all the National parks we visit. (so far we've only done 3, but it's a start) At the start of each park, they are given a packet of activities to do while we are at the park. It is all age appropriate and the kids really enjoy it. It is a national program, so you should check it out next time you go to any National park. :}
At the end the kids much turn in their packets, swear in as a junior ranger (where they promise to protect the parks) and then they are given their badges and a certificate. J, refused to participate for some reason so here is A and F proudly swearing in at the White Sands. :}
Swearing in at Carlsbad Caverns
F the Junior Ranger
The kids with their certificates next to a "real" ranger.
Congrats Kiddos!!! Mom and DAd are so proud of you.

1 comment:

Our 3 Monkees said...

Oh that is so neat! Why didn't we do that when we were at the Grand Canyon? Is there a website to get the info at or do you just get it at the park? The "real" ranger is a little scary looking. =}