Today has got to be one of the creepiest days for me. It started last night when we noticed a small pile of bees in our grass. I thought it was odd that they gathered there but hoped by morning they would be gone. When we checked in the morning the pile was still there and NOW there were more bees collecting on our planters pot. I started to really freak out because I knew this was going to be a problem. Here is the progression of our day.
This is what we woke up to. Notice the small dark spot in our grass. Now look at the black pot and see all of the bees on the side of the pot. There was at least 300-400 bees. Time to call the exterminator.
Within 1-2 hours of the first picture, this is what we saw. Now the bees left the black pot and all gathered on the grass. The exterminator game and killed all of the bees in the grass. He said there was probably 1500 bees in the pile. He guessed the queen bee was probably in the middle and that they were all protecting her. After he left we still had about 20-30 bees hanging around but he said within 24 hours they will leave because the queen is no longer there.
This is from our balcony, see the dark spot in the grass? That is what 1500 dead bees look like. Actually, the exterminator tried to clean up what he could but the rest is up to me. Yuck!!! I am going to wait for every last bee to leave before I even step foot outside. What a creepy day, the pictures still give me goose bumps.
3 comments:
Yuck...Hopefully they will ALL be gone soon...Misty
Ok.. that looks grosser.. it didn't quite have the impact you were talking about in real life.but that one pict is ew ew ew
it was so good to see you guys this weekend.. amyk
Ewww scary! I can't believe all those bees.
Post a Comment