Thursday, August 28, 2008

Trip to South Dakota

At the water ski show-  One of my favorite things to do
R and Aunt V.
So precious.  Snuggle time with GG
Visit my Grandpa's grave.  Such sweet memories


The family with GG at the Veterans Memorial

F went shopping with Aunt V. and they found a VERY sparkly purse.  

Grandma and F on our hike
Going to the baseball game.   These two are two peas in a pod.  :}
J and his new friend Beau Torbert. 

Well we just got back from a very fun and busy trip to SD.  We had such a great time doing so many things and seeing a lot of people from my family.  Once again, I took WAY  TOO many pictures so I will post the trip in sections.  The first part of the trip we spent with my Grandma, Mom and Aunt V.  The kids had fun playing outside, going to the park, going to a water ski show and even J got to go to the Canaries Baseball game.  Of course, my Mom and J always end up with the best seats and the best stories.  This time J got to run the bases after the game and one of the players came up and gave him a real bat from the game and a signed ball.  It turns out that this player was Beau Torbert who is the  MVP for that league and just really took to J.  Being the sports kid that J is, J showed Beau his skills and they became friends.  J even went to ANOTHER game and Beau remembered him and wanted him to come back again.   The weather was beautiful in God's country (as my Grandma calls it)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo bummed I didn't get to see you guy's :-( I am glad you guy's had a good time...Misty

Our 3 Monkees said...

Your pictures are so great! We sure missed you, but are glad you had a good time. Next time I think I am just gonna go with you. =)