Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Eve

We had a wonderful Christmas.  We had our traditional Turkey Wild rice soup for dinner and then headed to church.  When we came home, we opened all of our family gifts to each other and then the kids were off to bed early to make sure they were asleep before Santa got here.  We had a nice and relaxing Christmas morning and then were invited over to our friends house for lunch and games.  

Last year we got this tree and it is one of my favorite things about the holidays.  I can't tell you how many times I sit in front of it, in my rocking chair, and just stare at the beautiful lights.  This last month I tried to make it a nightly ritual.  I just loved it!!  Here it is, filled with presents.  



Pictures before church





The kids opened their cards from G and G Karg and they got money and were so excited.  I loved their expressions.

 Our beautiful Sweet Pea, always posing.

 Handsome J

And Happy A



A and his best bud


A was so excited about his gift from F, he tackled her.  Oh, the life of having brothers.

F and her Hollywood shades she wanted.

 Joe Cool himself.



Yeah!!  I love my new WI sweatshirt.  Just in time for the Rose Bowl.



F couldn't wait to give me my new paraffin wax bath that I've wanted for a few years.



A was so excited about his new Packers jersey and helmet.


The aftermath... what a disaster.



All tucked in for bed.  They wanted to all sleep together that night because for some reason, they are afraid to wake up and accidentally see Santa.



1 comment:

Our 3 Monkees said...

Your Tree is beautiful! Your pictures are really looking amazing Sara, good job! Glad you had a good Christmas eve. =)