Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Train event

The kids and I ventured out to this free train event last Sat. There were 27 houses in the valley that open up their houses and yards to display their train displays. Unfortunately, I didn't realize how much the kids would like it and we only made it to the main house. Next year we'll have to make a day out of it because it was just AMAZING how these people have literally decorated their WHOLE house and yard with a garden scale train layout. Of course, I had to take lots of pictures for our friend who is a huge train enthusiast and has given my kids the bug. They really enjoyed it and I was amazed and the layout.
The kids had to be sworn in as certified Jr. Train engineers to run the train.
F running the train. (they had to yell "All Aboard" and the whole nine yards)

Part of the display
This was just one room in the house but they have they have a train track going through their bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, closet, family and living room.
Outdoor display complete with bungee jumpers, plane crash etc...

3 comments:

The Olson Family said...

Wow that is pretty neat! Where is that at?

Our 3 Monkees said...

Wow that is pretty cool. Remind me next time you guys are up our nieghbors in the blue house have a big "garden" track set up in their front yard too, not as cool as that but it's still cool. I can't believe you didn't think the kids would enjoy it as much as they did. Grandpa Jim will have to come out for it next year. =)

Anonymous said...

You guys are always doing such fun things! I think its time for me to move into your spare room and play too!

~Amyk