Thursday, April 29, 2010

Baby Bates

My best friend was due with her second baby at the end of May. She usually delivers a bit early so we were a little prepared but when I got the call Saturday morning that she was in labor, I was shocked!!! It was such perfect timing as R was in town so I was able to just go right away to be by her side during delivery. I was lucky enough to be there to see her first daughter being born and wasn't going to miss this one for anything. The labor started off pretty slow (very different than her ultra speedy first one) but after 3 hrs. her body decided to get the baby out ASAP!! It was remarkable to watch her and her strength. She delivered Baby Allison in 2 pushes. It was such a remarkable thing to see what God can create.
My best friend and her new baby girl.
Proud Mom and Dad
Isn't she precious!!
She was only 6 lbs 18 3/4 inches and 1 month early. She's doing wonderful!!
Such a proud Aunt. :}
Doing our rounds. We walked for quite awhile to get things progressing.... and that sure worked!!! If we could all be so lucky to have such quick labors. Great job Mom and Dad Bates you were amazing!!!

1 comment:

Our 3 Monkees said...

I don't even know how to begin to thank you. You are such an awesome friend and labor coach. Thank you for all your help, patience and great pictures. =) I am so glad you got to be a part of Allisons birth. We love Auntie Sara!

P.S. Thank you to Randy to for giving up his time with you so we could have you.