Saturday, November 15, 2008

Night at the Drive-In

Tonight R had poker at our house so I was looking for something to do that would get me and the kids out of the house for awhile.  I remembered going to the Drive-in as a child and how fun it was.  (Plus you get the bargain of 2 movies for the price of 1)  So I made the plans and kept it a secret from the kids.  All they knew was to get in their P.J's and grab their pillows.  They were quite surprised when we got there and didn't exactly know how we were going to actually watch the movie but once it got started, they had a blast.  Unfortunately, no matter what movie or what location you go to a 2 and 4 year old NEVER sit through a whole movie, but I did have lots of food so that kept them occupied while J and I watched.  Overall, it was a really fun night and a great new experience for the kids.   

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sound's like so much fun!! I still have NEVER been to a Drive-In Movie but it's something i'd love to do...Misty

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh.. crazie karg kiddies!!!

how fun!

amyk

The Olson Family said...

Oh That was a perfect idea! It looks like so much fun! Good Weather for it too!

Our 3 Monkees said...

How fun! I was sosurprised to hear the drive ins were still open. glad you had a good time, the picture is adorable.

Anonymous said...

What fun, can't wait till I come back and we can do this again with Grandma. Glad you had a great time, great idea Mom, I see you have your birthday pillowcase on!
Miss you Mom

Julia said...

I am sure you had fun. I took Jake and Max 500 years ago. It was when we still lived in AZ, so Max was probably only two and Jake four. We saw Shrek 2. Lots of fun. I remember using snacks to secure the troops.