Communion has been a hot topic for our family. At our current church, they allow anyone who believes in Jesus the ability to take communion. However, I was raised in the Lutheran church and for us it was a special rite of passage and something that needed to be studied more in depth and at an age where the kids where ready and mature enough to understand. So it's been pretty hard on all of us because for the last 3 years I haven't allowed the kids to take communion because I felt they needed to understand the reasons behind it. They felt left out and it was hard for us because people didn't understand. ANYWAY, a class for the 2nd graders finally became available so it was a wonderful opportunity for F to learn all about communion and what it means etc... J also listened in on the class so he could understand and take communion as well. It was a wonderful morning and very special for both of them.
One of our Pastors explaining communion and the different types.
F receiving her stoll during class
The 2nd grade class
The only way I could get a nice picture was if I promised them they could take a silly one too.
F and her buddy B
J and F ready to take their first communion. It was so special to see them go through this special rite of passage in their spiritual journey.
1 comment:
That is so awesome! Congratulations!
Post a Comment