Monday, January 4, 2010

Fiesta Bowl Parade

For the second year in a row I was able to march in the Fiesta Bowl Parade with the Play it Again band. I absolutely LOVE it and it brings me back to my marching days. It's so fun to march because our group has been around for 22 years and is very well liked on the parade route because we almost play throughout the whole parade. (most bands only play intermittently). Anyway, there is both an up and down to doing this. The hardest part is once you've marched competitively, it's really hard to shake that so I'm always doing heel-toe, straight lines, snapping my instrument etc.. (for those of you who've marched before-you'll know what I'm talking about) However, the upside to that is whenever we aren't playing I can practice my princess wave and smile and talk to the crowd. It's so fun to see the little kids just stare in aww as we play..... especially when I blast away on my piccolo. :}
R got a picture of me waving to the kids. (Thanks so much R for bring them!)
On the parade route waiting for me :]

3 comments:

MommaHolmes07 said...

From one band geek to another, I see that they still make you wear a uniform that does not look very comfortable. Great job keeping up with the piccolo. I am not allowed to practice that anymore in my house. hahaha

Our 3 Monkees said...

Oh I had no idea you were marching in the parade again, what kind of best friend am I? I was so gonna go to the parade but changed my mind last minute had I know I could have cheered for you. =)

I am so glad you had so much fun and that R took the kids to watch you.

Anonymous said...

What fun it is to see you playing your flute! I would like it better if I'd been there. It's great the kids and Randy are there to support you. Keep having fun!
Love, Mom