Welcome to our family website. Hope you enjoy looking at the pictures and seeing what we are up to. Feel free to stop by and look as often as you'd like and leave comments when you want. For the privacy of our family we will be using abbreviations. Hopefully I can stay up on all of the postings. :} PS. You can click on the picture if you want to enlarge it.
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Veteran's Day
I have no pictures to share but I just wanted to share with you our fun activity on Veteran's Day. This is my second year playing in a concert band down at the VA on Veteran's Day. We play all types of American anthems, marches and songs. I always forgot, until I'm in the middle of playing, how rewarding it is to play these songs in honor of all of those who have served our country to keep us safe. All of the vets gather to hear us play and you can just see it in their eyes and smiles that they truly enjoy listening to us play and are also very proud of our country. This year A and F even got to lead the group in the Pledge of Allegiance. They did such an awesome job! J, F and A walked around and shook hands with the vets and thanked them for service. (very touching for me, because I never told them to do this) There were several photographers there taking pictures of my kids that they're going to put in their newsletter. If I get my hands on a copy, I will try and post it. Of course, we ended the concert with Stars and Stripes so I got to play my favorite piccolo part. Such a great way to start the day and give back a little bit to all those who gave for us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
wow that sounds like an awesome way to celebrate veteran's day. I always grew up just doing birthday things.. both my dad and my husband's dad have a birthday today.
That is so neat S, good job...Misty
That sounds like an awesome day. That is so neat that you have such a great tallent that you can make people smile, and like you said give back. =)
Post a Comment