Sunday, June 8, 2008

Grandpa's in town!!

My Dad was in town for a couple of days and we had a great time, as always.  It is never long enough and we always have lots that we want to do and show him but I think we made the most of the days that he was here.  This time we decided to take him up north for cooler weather.  I wasn't sure how he would like the 100 degree heat so I thought this would be a nice change.  Up north we relaxed, hiked the forest, fished, went up in the Snowbowl ski lift and just spent a lot of nice time together talking.  We came back home on Saturday so he could see J in his soccer try-outs and then play his first basketball game later on in the morning.  I am sure my Dad loved it, as he was an all around athlete and had 4 girls, none of whom played sports competitively.  :}  The kids love being around Grandpa and we can't wait for him to come out again.  



J getting the fishing technique from the expert.
I caught a bullhead and roach fish or something like that.   I was so proud.  :}
Up at Snowbowl.  We saw great views of the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff and the surrounding area. 
Tickling A.  The kids just LOVE that. 
My Dad and I enjoying a cup of coffee out in the pines.
We ALL caught fish.  It was a blast because they were really biting and we just caught them one right after another.  We caught bullheads, perch, bluegills and a roach fish.  ??
R really wanted to see if he could "Bear Gryllis" it, so he found a stick, some line and a hook and rigged up a fishing pole.  Even he caught TONS of fish. 
F snuggling with Grandpa

Our little climber
The skilift to the top of the mountain

4 comments:

Our 3 Monkees said...

No slide show? I was so looking forward to one. =)We are bummed me missed you dad this time, we would have loved for him to meet A. Your dad is so fun, I am glad you all had a great time with him.

Anonymous said...

Sound's like you all had such a great time...Misty

Anonymous said...

Ahhh.. great picts!! I can't beleive how big those kiddies are getting... i think you'll have to bring one.. well at least 2.... oh geez bring them all when you come!!!

I miss you guys! Looks like you had much fun!

amyk

Anonymous said...

BTW.. those poor fishie fishies... did you tell the kids how it hurts them to bite onto a sharp hook and get dragged around by there lip through the water? then to dangle by there lip?

no? i guess i'll have to do it when i talk to them next

;P elvis didn't fish